Bee Wallpaper UK Designer, Bird Fabric UK Interior Designer, British Feature Wallpaper, British Wallpaper Designer UK, Eco friendly handmade cards, Environmentally friendly handmade cards UK, Feature Wallpaper Luxury Designs, Freelance Wallpaper UK Designer, Luxury Designer Wallpaper, Luxury handmade cards UK, Upcycling Bird Fabric UK, Upcycling Fabric Inspiration, Upcycling UK Designer Fabric, Upcycling UK Handmade Designs
British Wallpaper Designer Lorna Syson is the Judge for Printed.com 2021
Printed Com Invite British Wallpaper Designer Lorna Syson to Judge 2021 Competition
Printed.com is one of the largest and fastest growing on-line print shops in the UK.
We are filled to the brim with a passionate team who are mad about printing, designing, building and growing the business. In the office you’ll find that we are forward-thinking, with a mission to be creative, innovative and to help our customers.
We are constantly investing in new products and using technology to improve how we increase our market share and take advantage of new opportunities. Catch us in our production space and you will find a fast-paced, dedicated team who endeavour to reach perfection for our customers.
Lorna Syson is named judge and mentor for Printed.com creative springboard competition for Top Drawer
Freelance Designer Lorna Syson – Interview Q&A June 2021
Hi, thanks for your time today, let’s jump right in – Who, when and why?
Lorna: Printed.com approached me via my Instagram account, they know I’ve done lots of trade shows over the last 10 years plus worldwide travel, from Paris to London and featuring in many magazines and printed media.
Lorna Syson Designs at Exhibitions – Showcasing her hand drawn patterns since 2011
- 2011 – Living Etc – The Bradbury Elderberry wallpaper made it into Living Etc’s wallpaper feature
- 2012 – Elle Deco – The nettle soup acorn cushion looks fantastic in Elle Deco’s styling!
- 2013 – 100% Design has been the popular platform for unique and exciting interior design for decades. Their blue promotional poster featured Lorna Syson’s Flock print at Earl’s Court in London. Additionally, Lorna’s Land’s End design was shortlisted for the 100% Design award in Accessories. This Design was also featured in the Guardians top ten picks for London Design Week
- 2013 – Maison&Objet in Paris – Bradbury fabric chair exhibition
- 2013 – BBC – One of “The Insider” episodes featured Lorna’s designs
- 2013 – Bury Magazine – featuring the Lorna Syson wallflowers in their fireplaces feature
- 2013 – Wohn Idee magazine – This German publication included Lorna’s floral patterns in their magazine article
- 2013 – The Telegraph magazine – Lorna was featured in the Telegraph’s Design special as one of London’s bright new designers
- 2014 – Cross Stitcher Magazine – Juneberry and Bird Wallpaper featured with one of my lampshades.
In the last 12 months Lorna has had more wonderful features in Magazines
- 2020 – Sunday People – Juneberry and bird cushion
- 2020 – House Beautiful – Broom and Bee Sky Cushion
- 2020 – Muddy Stilettos Oxfordshire – feature on Lorna’s work
- 2020 – Top Drawer feature, picked by &so to shop Louise Daniel
- 2020 – Mad about the house feature
- 2020 – English Home Magazine – Buddleia lampshade feature and
- 2020 – Country Homes Magazine – Buds and Butterflies Christmas stocking feature
- 2020 – Country Homes Magazine – Pet presents wrapping paper feature
- 2020 – Hello Magazine – RSPB Blossom and Bird grey cushion feature
- 2020 – Coast Magazine – Robin Christmas stocking feature
- 2020 – Metro – Flo the Frenchie Christmas card, 10% of sales going to the hearing dogs trust
- 2021 – Period Homes magazine – Greenfinch lampshade feature
- 2021 – English Homes magazine – Bluebell fabrics
- 2021 – Good House Keeping – Meadow cushions feature
- 2021 – Country and Town House magazine – Mural wallpaper feature
- 2021 – Your Home magazine – Bluebell cushion feature
- 2021 – Wildflower Magazine – Broom and Bee Sky cushion feature
- 2021 – Period Living – Watlington cupboard collaboration
- 2021 – Country Homes Magazine – Watlington Wardrobe collaboration
How many judges have been chosen?
Lorna: There are 4 judges, the founder of printed.com and 3 company owners of us which own our own businesses – Read more here.
What were you doing when you heard the news? Was it a phone call? Or email you picked up one morning or at midnight? How did you feel? Who did you tell first, second and third?
Lorna: I told my husband, because lets face it I never see anyone, then I updated the website.
What excites you about volunteering your time and skills to your industry?
Voluntary work is something I’m very passionate about. I had a mentor from the Princes Trust when I started and really believe it’s the most important thing when started a business. I’m able to pass on my business building tips to other designers.
Are you going to wear lipstick and your best outfit?
Lorna: Hahaha! Obviously, we’re doing online judging so yes I’ll at least brush my hair. Plus, I’m going to be at the show anyway and I’ll be there at Top Drawer to meet the winners
What’s the different Printed.com Categories?
Category one: ‘Spotlight’ Applicants
One prize winner will be selected from our ‘Spotlight’ entries. They will be selected from 10 shortlisted, who will be put to a public vote and whittled down to 4 finalists. The overall winner will then be chosen via our internal judging panel at the end of June.
To qualify as a ‘Spotlight’ level business you will have been running your business for over 12 months
Category two: ‘Rising Star’ Applicants
Two prize winners will be independently chosen from our ‘Rising Star’ applications. These winners will be selected by our internal judging panel only at the end of June, without being put into the public vote. To qualify as a ‘rising star’ level business you will have been running your business for less than 12 months.
Items that are being designed include stationery of different kinds and business card designs; printed paper products.
Which Are Your Personal Favourite Printed Products
Lorna: I love painting other people’s pets and animals. I offer a personalised pet portrait service which is very popular for Christmas presents for a hard-to-find perfect gift for a special person.
A brown craft envelope included and it’s left blank inside for your own message if you don’t want it personalised. Lorna can draw pretty much any animal … so you can order a personalised pet card today in time for your special occasion or event.
The winners have now been announced for the Printed.com competition.
Lorna : I’m delighted by the winners of the Printed.com Springboard competition! And although due to covid we had to do our voting individually, it looks like we must be all thinking the same thing, my top three won the places!
A huge Congratulations to Imogen Davis, Wild Living and Emmy Lupin Studio!
I can’t wait to get started with our mentoring