British Wallpaper Designer Lorna Syson Portfolio Showcase
Lorna Syson is a high profile UK wallpaper and fabric designer who specialises in home furnishing designs of Great British flora and fauna as photographed by herself. Lorna’s keen interest in photography follows her around the world, but her designs only feature UK indigenous species of birds, bees and flowers.
Bespoke Designs UK Birds Bees Flora and Fauna in Wallpaper and Fabrics
When choosing a Great British designer for interior home redecorating or reupholstery projects it’s always the unique aspect that’s a powerful draw. To find a designer the first thing you want to learn is a bit about them. How long ago did Lorna launch her business? Where are her designs sold? Which exhibitions has she been a part of? Here’s a summary of the past few years to showcase the events that lifted her profile from a humble home business to demonstrating a thriving global reach with thousands of stockists around the world including John Lewis.
Teal Bird Wallpaper, Bee, Juneberry and Meadow Flowers Fabric
The colour teal has always been a timeless shade – especially the Teal Hummingbird wallpaper – this deep blue colour blended with an afterthought of green holds well for lampshades, cushions, fabric and the RSPB sofa. Subtle patterns and a repeated theme have made this one of the popular designs both as a wallpaper and as fabric. Other bestsellers include Juneberry and Bird wallpaper, Meadow floral Wallpaper/Fabric and Broom, plus the Bumble Bee wallpaper in a choice of 2 colour combinations. Shop the complete Teal Collection including the RSPB charity designs.
Global Stockist, John Lewis Online and in-store UK Nationwide Independent Shops
Click for the complete list of Lorna Syson stockists of Wallpaper, Fabric Designs, Greetings Cards and Wrapping Paper around the world
Lorna Syson Designs at Exhibitions – Showcasing her hand drawn patterns since 2011
- 2011 – Living Etc – The Bradbury Elderberry wallpaper made it into Living Etc’s wallpaper feature
- 2012 – Elle Deco – The nettle soup acorn cushion looks fantastic in Elle Deco’s styling!
- 2013 – 100% Design has been the popular platform for unique and exciting interior design for decades. Their blue promotional poster featured Lorna Syson’s Flock print at Earl’s Court in London. Additionally, Lorna’s Land’s End design was shortlisted for the 100% Design award in Accessories. This Design was also featured in the Guardians top ten picks for London Design Week
- 2013 – Maison&Objet in Paris – Bradbury fabric chair exhibition
- 2013 – BBC – One of “The Insider” episodes featured Lorna’s designs
- 2013 – Bury Magazine – featuring the Lorna Syson wallflowers in their fireplaces feature
- 2013 – Wohn Idee magazine – This German publication included Lorna’s floral patterns in their magazine article
- 2013 – The Telegraph magazine – Lorna was featured in the Telegraph’s Design special as one of London’s bright new designers
- 2014 – Cross Stitcher Magazine – Juneberry and Bird Wallpaper featured with one of my lampshades.
- FREE UK shipping on all orders over £100
- Watch out for our next post for 2015 onwards of more showcase information over the years!
Upcycling Designer Wallpaper – Fabrics for Upholstering Chairs, Sofas and Furniture
Recycling old upholstered furniture and creative reuse of home furnishings such as dining chairs and chaise longues with modern, contemporary wallpaper designs has been a hot topic for the past few years and shows no signs of decline. It’s evident the environmentally friendly approach has been a boost for recycling old and unwanted furniture and reducing waste.
Upcycling with designer wallpaper and fabrics elevates a decade-old piece to a stylish, present day statement piece – is in high demand for heirlooms and family possessions or to sell as a unique one-of-a-kind creation. Contact Lorna here for Trade Enquiries or to apply as a stockist.