Interior Design Fabric Supplier UK, Interior Design Supplier UK, Interior Design Supplier UK Bespoke, Interior Design Supplier UK Commissions, Interior Design Supplier UK Made to Order, Interior Design Wallpaper Supplier UK
Interior Design Supplier UK British Birds and Flowers Wallpaper and Fabrics
Interior Designer Supplier of Wallpaper and Fabrics
Lorna Syson is a talented digital designer who is acclaimed in her niche of designing wallpaper and fabric patterns based on British native species of wildflowers and indigenous birds. Lorna is proud to be a John Lewis stockist as well as supplying hundreds of independent boutique stores throughout Europe. Travelling throughout England, Lorna always packs her camera to capture her own images to use as accuracy and inspiration for her flora and fauna designs.
Interior Design Commissions and Wallpaper Bespoke Patterns
In 2021, Lorna was chosen to be the judge for Printed.Com, Click here to Contact Lorna for trade stock enquiries and design commissions, your ideas, colourway and the feeling you wish to evoke. Read more about the life of a Freelance Wallpaper Designer.
Bespoke Wallpaper UK Designs Made to Order
I have partnerships with some clients for bespoke wall murals and wallpaper patterns made to order, check out my Jungle Wallpaper Mural from 2015. Coming soon – I am releasing new mural wallpaper products which will be launched in 2022.
Minimum Order Quantity for Wholesale and Bespoke designs: The minimum order quantities for bespoke wallpaper colourway are 12 rolls and made-to-order mural wallpaper is a minimum of 3m wide.
Bespoke Fabric Designs – Matching Fabric and Wallpaper
I am known and influenced by the British countryside and my native bird species wallpaper, fabric and stationery designs that I have created are: The Great Tit, Blue Tit, Red Robin, Goldcrest, Greenfinch, Long Tailed Tit, the Jenny Wren and Willow Tit. A selection of indigenous Great Britain trees, flowers and fauna choose from the following designs: Buds and Butterflies, Bluebells, Hydrangea, Gypsophila (Arla) Cherry Blossom, Buddleia and Chrysanthemum, which are available in wallpaper, fabric, and lampshades.
Floral and Bird Fabrics for Curtain Makers and Interior Designers
Curtain, Blind and Furnishing Makers Friendly Forum – Back in 2017, ‘April Interiors’ was an Interiors, Fabric and Workroom show run by CABMFF (Curtain, Blind and Furnishing Makers Friendly Forum) a friendly networking group for soft furnishings professionals, from big brands to smaller more artisan crafters. We only exhibited our fabrics, as it is targeted at curtain makers.
With over 1,500 members, CAMBFF regularly organises trade shows to help with networking between businesses and trade, this was the year we showcased our Buds & Butterflies fabric
The night before the show, we all got social at the Cheltenham Park Hotel where we had the opportunity to meet other exhibitors and CAMBFF members, which was a relaxed and friendly way of networking.
Lorna Syson Designs at Exhibitions – Showcasing her skills since 2011
- 2011 – Living Etc – The Bradbury Elderberry wallpaper made it into Living Etc’s wallpaper feature
- 2012 – Elle Deco – The nettle soup acorn cushion looks fantastic in Elle Deco’s styling!
- 2013 – 100% Design has been the popular platform for unique and exciting interior design for decades. Their blue promotional poster featured Lorna Syson’s Flock print at Earl’s Court in London. Additionally, Lorna’s Land’s End design was shortlisted for the 100% Design award in Accessories. This Design was also featured in the Guardians top ten picks for London Design Week
- 2013 – Maison&Objet in Paris – Bradbury fabric chair exhibition
- 2013 – BBC – One of “The Insider” episodes featured Lorna’s designs
- 2013 – Bury Magazine – featuring the Lorna Syson wallflowers in their fireplaces feature
- 2013 – Wohn Idee magazine – This German publication included Lorna’s floral patterns in their magazine article
- 2013 – The Telegraph magazine – Lorna was featured in the Telegraph’s Design special as one of London’s bright new designers
- 2014 – Cross Stitcher Magazine – Juneberry and Bird Wallpaper featured with one of my lampshades.
Lorna has had more wonderful features in Magazines
- 2020 – Sunday People – Juneberry and bird cushion
- 2020 – House Beautiful – Broom and Bee Sky Cushion
- 2020 – Muddy Stilettos Oxfordshire – feature on Lorna’s work
- 2020 – Top Drawer feature, picked by &so to shop Louise Daniel
- 2020 – Mad about the house feature
- 2020 – English Home Magazine – Buddleia lampshade feature and
- 2020 – Country Homes Magazine – Buds and Butterflies Christmas stocking feature
- 2020 – Country Homes Magazine – Pet presents wrapping paper feature
- 2020 – Hello Magazine – RSPB Blossom and Bird grey cushion feature
- 2020 – Coast Magazine – Robin Christmas stocking feature
- 2020 – Metro – Flo the Frenchie Christmas card, 10% of sales going to the hearing dogs trust
- 2021 – Period Homes magazine – Greenfinch lampshade feature
- 2021 – English Homes magazine – Bluebell fabrics
- 2021 – Good House Keeping – Meadow cushions feature
- 2021 – Country and Town House magazine – Mural wallpaper feature
- 2021 – Your Home magazine – Bluebell cushion feature
- 2021 – Wildflower Magazine – Broom and Bee Sky cushion feature
- 2021 – Period Living – Watlington cupboard collaboration
- 2021 – Country Homes Magazine – Watlington Wardrobe collaboration
Buds & Butterflies Design Inspiration and Moodboard
This design started life back in January 2016 and is now part of the Garden Collection, it is our most ‘grow-up’ design to date and adds an air of sophistication to our collection. The moody deep purple hue makes this design homely and cosy and the dark colour means less dirt – ideal for home life!
The deep Purple/blue shade is trans-seasonal and can be paired with a number of shades such as navy blue and green to create a stunning interior. See how we have styled this beautiful design in our photoshoots, we have paired it with stark white to let the design take centre stage and a rusty orange hue in the cushions to pink up on the colour of the butterfly in the design.
Photos from Pinterest and Lorna Syson designs
Rigorous planning goes into our photoshoots to maximise the potential of great photos on the day. We meticulously place our designs and styling objects to create the perfect composition. This helps to show how our products would be used in an everyday setting, making it easier to see how the designs could fit within your own home.
Lorna maps out on photoshop how she would like the composition to be, she does this in a collage style, taking found images and our own designs and placing them together to create a compositional idea.
Behind The Scenes on Shoot Day
On the day we are rushed off our feet making sure everything goes smoothly, however it is also a lot of fun and is one of our favourite aspects of the designing process. Studio dog Jenkins also likes to get in on the action and he makes the perfect addition to the final photos, so we don’t mind too much!
We think that our Buds & Butterflies fabric and products create the perfect autumn interior, I hope that our styling tips and inspiration helps you to incorporate different colours and textures within your own home.