This post offers an exciting opportunity to join a small, dynamic team within a creative business in an entry level position. We are looking for someone who is energetic and hardworking, with good attention to detail. The job role is to help us with our run up to Christmas, with potential for the applicant to stay on if they bring value into the business.
We will be asking all applicants to complete a paid trail before offering the job.
If you do not fit all of the specification below but believe you are able to bring value into the business please get in touch with us.
The role is for 16 hours per week, which can be spilt over 2 / 3 days depending on commitments.
Supervision and support will be provided throughout including an in depth induction, regular one-to-one sessions, and development reviews.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Stock management, including stock take
- Packing up and sending out trade orders, web orders and fabric orders.
- Studio management including keeping the studio clean and tidy
- Sending out postal marketing campaigns and email marketing campaigns
- Support during Trade Shows, Open Studios and other events including painting plinths, packing for shows, carrying boxes and talking with customers
- Data input and writing up orders
- Organising the dropbox and sending images to press
- Updating pricelists, descriptions of work etc.
- General administration duties, including answering the phone, sending emails, maintaining filing systems, running errands and fabric sampling.
- Researching and updating contact lists
- Researching the market and our competitors
- Helping with photoshoots
- Social media inputting
- Updating the website and inputting SEO (search engine optimisation)
- To undertake any other duties or projects as required by Lorna Syson (or the Studio Manager in her absence).
- Photoshop images, basic Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign knowledge would be appreciated but training can be given on the job
- Being flexible with a positive / enthusiastic attitude and hands-on approach
- A strong desire to pursue a career and create opportunities within the business.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and a keen attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and timekeeping
- Must like dogs as we have Jenkins in every day.
- Be able to work in a small team and be hands on in all aspects.